Sorinet - FIIB
From Sanctions Wiki
Babak Zanjani The EU sanctions describe Babak Zanjani as "a key facilitator for Iranian oil deals and transferring oil related money" and accuses First Islamic Bank of being used to channel Iranian oil-related payments. Zanjani said the complex nature of his companies' transactions, involving large sums, might have misled EU authorities.
Companies of Babak Zanjani are or may be involved in the Labuan Iran oil smuggle at the eastern coast of Malaysia. Labuan has been serving as a drop-off spot for Iranian crude.
Sorinet Activities - Sorinet qeshm development holding co is a multidisciplinary holding company that is active in investment and ivestment saintment in introducing , structural, commercial and banking and finanacial and creditiacal institudes progects, inport and export industrial and commercial commodities and release and development and creation of related companies, investing in purchasing bank stocks or creation and establishment of them inside or outside of the country.
The goal of the company - Sorinet qeshm development holding co control, monitor, support, training, coordination, financing, development and planning, setting up relationships and work processes, integration and aggregation of diverse activities, market development, evaluation of plans and defined opportunities of the group that all tair stock assigned to this holding in a regular communication and provisions structure.
Main Company List
- SCT Bankers - Website: http://www.sctbankers.com - Address: No:1808, 18th floor, Grosvenor House Commercial Tower , Sheik Zayed Road, Dubai ,UAE
- Sorinet Hotels - Website: http://www.sorinethotels.com - Address: Imam Quli Khan Blvd. Golha sq. Qeshm Island -Iran
- Sorinet Kish - Website: http://www.sorinetkish.com - Address: No.b12,3th Industrial Kish Island Iran
- Rah Ahan Sport Club - Website: http://www.rahahansport.ir
- Kont Electronics - Website: http://www.kontElectronics.com
- Mavis Building Materials FZCO - Website: http://www.mavis-uae.com
- Kont Building - Website: http://www.kontbuilding.com - Address: no .25, Alley Kahrov,Doshanbe City, Republic Of Tajikistan
- Asian Express Airline - Website: http://www.asian-express-airline.com - Address: 9/1ahmadi donish street, doshanbe city, republic of tajikstan
- Kont Cosmetic - Website: http://www.KontCosmetic.com - Address: Istanbul World Trade Center(IDTM) Block:A2 Floor:6 No:234 Postal Code:34149 Yesilkoy-Istanbul-Turkey
- Holding Sorinet Qeshm - Website: http://www.sorinetgroup.com - Address: Gheshm Island, Emam Gholikhan Boulevard, Golha Square
- General Trading.llc - Website: http://www.sorinettrading.com - Address: SORINET GENERAL TRADING L.L.C. 18 th Flr, Room 1808, Grosvenor House Commercial Tower Sheik Zayed Road, Dubai
- Kont Trading Website: http://www.konttrading.com - Address: No.43, St Bukhara, Doshanbe City, Republic of Tajikistan
- Qeshm Air Lines - Website: http://www.qeshm-air.com - Address: No 12-Riahi st.(Bime1)-Karaj Road-Azadi sq.Tehran
- Satsa - Address: Gheshm Island, Emam Gholikhan Boulevard, Golha Square
- Sama Graph - Website: http://www.samagraph.com
Main Project List - December 24, 2012
- Dushanbe Bus Terminal
- Sorinet Qeshm Interational Hotel
- Bazar-E-Kish Tehran-E-Ghadim
- Atlas Iran Zamin Shopping Mall
- Dushanbe City Center
- Mavis Building Material Head Office
- Dushanbe Bus Terminal(Kont Building)
- Atlas-E-Enghelab Khaneh Ketab -Option 1,2,3&4
- Green Land Villa Complex
- Sorinet Kish Cosmetic Shop Interior
Source: Sorinet Website December 24, 2012
FIIB - First Islamic Investment Bank - Address : No. 8-9, Level 8, Wisma UOA II, No. 21, Jalan Pinang, 50450, Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia
First Islamic Investment Bank Ltd (FIIB) is an Islamic investment bank providing Islamic financial solution to investee companies and investors in Indonesia as well as in the region. FIIB is the subsidiary company of Bank Muamalat Indonesia Tbk (first and a leading Islamic bank in Indonesia) incorporated under the jurisdiction of Labuan Offshore Financial Service Authority (LOFSA) Malaysia.
FIIB offering a wide variety of sophisticated sharia compliant product and services such as debt and equity financial solutions for corporate clients.
FIIB also provides to the clients with corporate finance services including mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets (IPOs and secondary offerings), transaction advisory services, project finance and to develop capital restructuring solutions beneficial to both the client and potential investors.
FIIB objective is to contribute to the new wave of Islamic banking and Investment in Indonesia as well as in the region.
FIIB - Indonesia Operation Office
Menara Prima 17th floor - Jalan Lingkar Mega Kuningan Blok 6.2 - Jakarta 12950 - Indonesia
FIIB - Secretarial Office
Level 13 (E), Main Office Tower - Financial Park Complex, Jalan Merdeka - 87000 Labuan F.T. Malaysia
Source: Banks Website December 24, 2012
FIRST ISLAMIC INVESTMENT BANK LTD - (Labuan Islamic Investment Bank)
FIIB Address: Unit 13(C), Main Office Tower Financial Park Complex Jalan Merdeka 87000 Labuan F.T. Tel No. 087 – 417 050 Fax No. 087 – 427 050 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Office Address: 19A-3A-3A, Level 31, Business Suite UOA Centre, No. 19 Jalan Pinang 50450 Kuala Lumpur Tel No. 03 – 2162 0361 Fax No. 03 – 2162 0300
Officer in Charge - Contact Person: Mr. Said Credenda Arismunandar (Director/Principal Officer)
Source: Labuan FSA Website December 24, 2012
International-SafeOil.com (Whois Record)
Registrant: Sama Graph, main office Tower, Labuan, Labuan 1963736781, MY
Domain name: INTERNATIONAL-SAFEOIL.COM
Administrative Contact: Zanjani, Babak - main office Tower, Labuan, Labuan 1963736781, MY, +60.87417049, Fax: +60.87427050
Technical Contact: Zanjani, Babak - no40, Labuan, Labuan 50450, MY, +60.87417049, Fax: +60.87417049
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 16-Oct-2012. Record expires on 23-May-2013. Record created on 23-May-2012.
Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
Domain servers in listed order:
Source: DomainTool Website December 26, 2012
Iran is using a little-known port (Labuan) off the East Malaysia coast to hide millions of barrels of oil from Western sanctions, according to shipping data, industry sources and officials.
The Lantana, a tanker operated by the National Iranian Tanker Co (NITC), transferred its cargo of around 1 million barrels of crude oil to the Titan Ruchira, a floating storage vessel, off the tiny tropical island of Pulau Kuraman near Labuan, port and shipping industry officials said. Around August 10, another Iranian tanker, the Motion, discharged as much as 2 million barrels of fuel oil on to the Titan Tulshyan in the same area, said the officials.
Titan hired out the two tankers to Glammarine, a little-known shipping company that only recently registered in Labuan. Glammarine took the two ships under a 6-month charter, with Titan's crews running the vessels' day-to-day operations and Glammarine taking responsibility for finding the cargo and paying for use of the ships.
Glammarine agreed to let a company called Account International Safe Oil use the Titan Ruchira and Titan Tulshyan to store 4 million barrels of Iranian oil, shipping sources said. Account International is not registered in Malaysia or Hong Kong, and Reuters was unable to find an address for the company or contact staff for comment. Buyers of Iranian oil in China, India and Japan said they had not heard of the company.
May 04, 2013 - News Item from The Times of Central Asia (TCA) - U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control imposes sanctions on Iranian tycoon having assets in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE (TCA) — The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) imposed sanctions on 42-year-old Iranian billionaire businessman Babak Zanjani, who has business in Tajikistan.
“OFAC” has published on its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN List”) the names of six entities and Babak Zanjani, whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13382 of June 28, 2005, “Blocking Property of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferators and Their Supporters.”
The Kont Investment Bank, which started work in Dushanbe, and is founded by Turkey's Kont Kosmetik also fell under sanctions.
Kont Investment Bank owns capital of Asian Express Airline registered in Tajikistan. The Asian Express Airline in turn owns a whole package of shares of Dushanbe bus station, which is called after reconstruction Asian Express Terminal and functions since March 2013 after rehabilitation. President Rahmon attended the inauguration ceremony.
The EU said he was helping Iran to get round international sanctions by selling oil abroad and channelling the profits back via his Malaysia-based First Islamic Bank.
Mr Zanjani is adamant that he has been wrongly accused.
"I didn't buy Iranian crude oil. I was buying low quality fuel oil to sell to Malaysia," he said in an interview with BBC.
The U.S. believes Zajani managed a network, which handled transportation of oil and cash in circumvention of economic sanctions imposed on Iran with the purpose to make it stop its nuclear program.
The network included Iranian's Naftiran Intertrade Company registered in Switzerland, Malaysia's First Islamic Investment Bank Ltd., it served Iranian government-controlled organizations, National Oil company, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.